It’s been so hot lately that a no-cook meal or snack is a really awesome thing to have on hand. And one that includes mini chocolate chips and coconut? Yes, that’s a really good idea, too. Including a good dose of protein, healthy fats and carbs, this is a great way to start the day. The chocolate chips are just an added treat. 😉
All cottage cheeses on the market are not created equal. I’ve tried a few, and believe me there is a big difference. The tastiest one I’ve tried is from Kalona Supernaturals. Actually, I like all of the products I’ve tried from them. Their products come from grass-fed cows, are non-homogenized and USDA certified organic. No, they didn’t pay me to say that. I just really love their products. They have a full fat version and a 2% one. I prefer the full fat one, but the 2% is also really good. I usually alternate between the two.
A runner-up for me would be Nancy’s cottage cheese. They sell a non-organic and an organic one.
I had some macadamia nuts leftover from another recipe, so I used those on mine. I think slivered almonds would actually have been a better choice, but you use what you have on hand.
Cottage Cheese Banana and Coconut Parfaits
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese (full fat or reduced fat)
- 1 tbsp raw liquid honey
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 1 medium banana , sliced
- slivered almonds or macadamia nuts (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, honey, coconut flakes and chocolate chips. Gently stir in the sliced banana. Portion out the cottage cheese mixture into two glasses or bowls. Top with the nuts and serve.
Recipe NotesAlthough, I used macadamia nuts on mine, I really think slivered almonds would work best with this dish.