I came across a recipe for this Avocado Sauce when I was searching the internet for new recipe ideas. We’ve kind of gotten stuck in a rut lately, and I really wanted to try some new things out. The original recipe can be found over on Laylita’s Recipes blog.
I absolutely love avocados and cilantro, so I couldn’t wait to try this sauce! Not only is this sauce tasty, but it’s also very good for you. It contains healthy fats and the cilantro has great antioxidant properties.
Fun Fact: Did you know that cilantro is an amazing detoxifier, which can help remove heavy metals and other toxins from the body?
Pretty amazing benefits for one little herb, right?
I cooked some chicken breasts for dinner last night and served this sauce over them. Delish! I also plan to serve this over some salmon cakes later today.
Adapted from Laylita’s Recipes
- 2 cups of fresh cilantro (about a small/medium bunch)
- 1 small/medium avocado , chopped into chunks
- 1 large jalapeno (or 2 small) seeded, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to allow the flavors a chance to marry before serving.