Tuna and White Bean Salad
This Tuna and White Bean Salad is a deliciously simple and healthy lunch dish. Serve it over a bed of mixed lettuce for a super nutritious meal!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 -3
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar (separated)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 ( 5 oz cans) of solid yellowfin tuna packed in olive oil, drained (I use the Genova brand)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Tabasco Sauce to taste (optional)
- baby romaine lettuce
Place the red onion into a small bowl. Pour three tbsp of apple cider vinegar over the onions and toss. Let sit for twenty minutes to allow the vinegar to take some of the oniony bite out of the red onion.
In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together the remaining apple cider vinegar, EVOO, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
Add the tuna, flake it with a fork and add the celery and drained beans to the bowl.
Drain the red onions, add to the bowl and toss to combine. Serve on a bed of baby romaine leaves. Can be refrigerated for up to a day.
If serving later, keep lettuce and tuna/cannellini bean mixture separate.