One Pot Taco Pasta
This cheesy Taco Pasta combines lean ground beef, Mexican seasonings, and pasta that gets perfectly cooked all in one pot!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil of choice
- 1 lb . lean ground beef
- 1 medium white onion , finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper , diced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (15 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups macaroni (Jovial Foods brown rice pasta recommended for gluten-free)
- 2 cups grated monterey jack , divided
- 1 cups frozen sweet corn , defrosted
- sea salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oil in a 10.5-inch skillet that has a lid over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, breaking it up with a spoon as it browns, about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion and bell pepper when almost no pink remains. Continue to cook until vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, garlic powder and cumin until meat and vegetables are fully coated.
Stir in water, tomato sauce and pasta. Reduce heat, cover and let cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 15-20 minutes. Cook time may vary depending on brand of pasta, so check for doneness often starting at the 15 minute mark.
Turn off the heat. Add the corn and one cup of the cheese, season to taste with sea salt, and gently stir to combine. Top with remaining cheese and cilantro, then serve.
Estimated Nutrition Facts:
- The heat level of chili powders can vary, so you may want to adjust accordingly. Just use your own best judgment.
- If you are using ground beef with a higher fat, you will need to drain the fat after cooking the meat.