Tuna With Cannellini Beans
A pantry meal made with canned tuna and white beans that requires no cooking. Super tasty and no cooking required!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Marinating Time 1 hour
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 2 (5 oz ) cans of solid light tuna in olive oil
- 1 ( 15 oz ) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small onion , thinly sliced
- 5 tbsp of red wine vinegar , divided
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
Soak the red onion in 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar for one hour. Begin preparing the rest of the ingredients during the final 5-10 minutes of the hour. In a large bowl, add the tuna and flake it gently with a fork. Add the cannellini beans. Next, add the remaining two tablespoons of red wine vinegar. Drain the red onions, add to the tuna and beans and toss gently. Add the extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss gently together to combine. Serve at room temperature.