Strawberry Basil Quinoa Salad
A tasty quinoa salad with fresh strawberries, crunchy walnuts and a basil-balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Perfect for the Summer months!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Resting Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup quinoa , rinsed if not pre-rinsed kind
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt , divided
- 2 tbsp finely sliced scallions
- 1 cups quartered strawberries (if really large, chop into smaller pieces)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 10 fresh basil leaves , chiffonade
- 1 tsp raw unfiltered honey
In a medium sauce pan, add the water, quinoa and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes.
On a rimmed sheet pan, spread the quinoa out and set aside until cool and tender, about 15-20 minutes.
In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. When the quinoa has cooled, add it to the bowl along with the basil and scallions. Gently toss to combine, add the strawberries and walnuts and gently toss again, then serve with extra basil if desired.
The quinoa package will tell you to use more water, but using less water results in fluffier quinoa, so be use the amount specified in my recipe.
Estimated Nutrition Facts: