There’s really no reason to buy store-bought dips that are full of all kinds of funky ingredients. Making your own dips at home can be fun, as well as being much healthier. When you make your own real food versions of your favorite dishes, you get to control the quality of the ingredients. Plus, when the recipe is as easy as this one, there’s really no need!
There are only five ingredients in this Rosemary Baked Ricotta, and that includes the sea salt. I actually already had everything on hand, except for the ricotta cheese.
Some brands of ricotta cheese can contain unhealthy additives. Try to purchase one with only ingredients you know on the label. Alternatively, you could make your own fresh ricotta using this tutorial.
The ramekins I used have a 6 oz. capacity, so the ricotta was slightly over the rim. I didn’t have any trouble with it boiling over, but I set the ramekin on a foil-lined sheet pan just in case it did. If you happen to have an 8 oz. ramekin or another small oven-safe dish, I would probably use that.
This dip is so simple to make, but it looks and tastes like you actually put in some real effort. Even if you aren’t that great a cook, you can manage to whip this dip together. It’s perfect for a casual get-together or a little fancier affair. So, go ahead and make it for your friends and family. Totally up to you if you want to let them in on the secret of just how easy and fast it is to make. 😉
I had some leftover dip, so I decided to mix it into some hamburger patties that we had for dinner last night. Delish! You could also top a baked potato with this, too.
Rosemary Baked Ricotta
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large clove of garlic , minced
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you want it)
- In a small mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix to combine. Pour into a 6-8 oz. capacity ramekin. Place onto a cookie sheet lined with foil and bake until the top starts to get golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately with veggies, crackers, bruschetta.
Leave a Reply