These Baked Potato Wedges are flavored with garlic, herbs and lemon zest, then baked until crisp-tender. They make a delicious and easy side dish for steak, chicken or fish!
My husband and I ate half of these Baked Potato Wedges as soon as I took my last photo. That’s how delicious they are. Garlicky potatoes seasoned with rosemary and thyme. So good! The lemon zest adds a hint of brightness to this dish that I really like. It’s just a subtle note of extra flavor.
Our Kroger sells little packets of “poultry blend” herbs, which includes rosemary, thyme, and sage. If you have a Kroger store nearby, you can find them with the Simple Truth organic herbs in the plastic packets. I’m not sure if any other brands do this, but check your local supermarket for them. It’s a money saver because it costs the same as one packet and you get both herbs you need for this dish. Plus, you don’t end up with a bunch herbs that you have to figure out what to do with.
Baked Potato Wedges are simple to make, and are a healthy side dish that your whole family will love. Of course, if you’d like less garlic flavor, you can certainly use less. Me? I’m a big garlic fan, so it’s all going in.
How to Bake Potato Wedges
Put your cut potatoes on a baking sheet, then drizzle olive oil over them. Sprinkle herbs, garlic and lemon zest over them and toss to coat. Spread out on the baking sheet and bake until light golden brown, tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. This will take somewhere between 25-30 minutes.
How to Reheat Potato Wedges
These are best eaten right away, but they can be reheated if you have leftovers. Preheat oven to 425°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the leftover potato wedges onto the pan and place into the oven. Bake for ten minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through.
*Look the potatoes over carefully to make sure there aren’t any sprouts on them. If you can find organic potatoes, even better. Our Kroger sells organic russet potatoes in bags and individually.
Save this Baked Potato Wedges Recipe to your
“Side Dishes” Pinterest board!
Baked Potato Wedges
- 3 medium (about 8 ounces each) russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, minced (about 3 tsp chopped)
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- zest of 1 large lemon (optional)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt (or salt to taste) and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each into 4 wedges lengthwise. You'll have 8 long wedges from each potato. Place the potatoes on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, thyme and lemon zest (if using) over the potatoes.
- Toss all the ingredients together, making sure that the potatoes are covered with the oil. Spread the potatoes out in a single layer cut-side down.
- Bake the potatoes for 25 to 30 minutes, turning to the other cut side after about 15 minutes. Bake until they are lightly browned, tender inside, and crisp outside. Sprinkle with more salt if needed, then serve.