Pasta salad is one of my favorite foods to have during the warmer months. This dish is incredibly versatile, which means you can create many different types of it. It also travels well, making it a great dish for a picnic or to take with you to work.
What you will need to make this pasta salad:
Veggie rotini spirals ( such as Wacky Mac), red onion, piquante peppers, kalamata olives, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, crumbled feta cheese, and salt.
If you read my post on my Mediterranean Turkey Wrap, then you know about my new food obsession- these sweet piquante peppers.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and two cups of pasta. Cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water. Place into a large bowl.
While the pasta is cooking, thinly slice 1/4 cup of red onion, six piquante peppers, and ten kalamata olives.
Add the red onions, peppers, and olives to the bowl of pasta.
Add the juice of one small lemon.
Next, pour in two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Add a dash of salt and toss to combine.
Top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 2 cups of veggie rotini spirals ( such as Wacky Mac)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 piquante peppers , thinly sliced
- 10 kalamata olives , thinly sliced
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- dash of salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place pasta into a large bowl. Add the red onions, piquante peppers, kalamata olives, lemon juice, olive oil, and a dash of salt. Toss to combine. Top with feta cheese crumbles. Serve at room temperature or cold.
I’m linking up with::