I only had dried beans in my pantry, so I cooked those up ahead of time to use in this recipe. Canned beans really do help bring this meal together in a jiffy. I recommend the Eden Foods brand of canned beans, which are soaked overnight and come in BPA free cans.
Beef and White Bean Stew
- 1 tbsp . coconut oil , ghee or fat of your choice
- 1 lb . ground beef (grass-fed if possible)
- 1 large onion , diced
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 2 carrots , diced
- 1 tsp . Braggs Sprinkle Seasoning
- 1 tsp . sea salt or salt to taste
- 1 (28 oz) jar roasted garlic pasta sauce (or your favorite sauce)
- 2 cans of great northern beans , drained and rinsed (or 3 cups cooked beans)
In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, crumbling it with a spoon, until browned. Add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until soft, about 5-6 minutes. Add the seasonings and toss to coat. Pour in the pasta sauce, add the beans and mix together. Bring to a simmer with a lid partially on and let cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
What is your go-to meal on a busy weeknight?