I buy frozen peeled pearl onions to use in this recipe in order to save time and probably my sanity, too. I really don’t want to have to peel all of those tiny little onions.
Like most of my other recipes, this is a super simple and quick dish to get on the table. I think that eating healthy shouldn’t have to involve a lot of complicated and time consuming steps. I believe that being able to prepare nutritious meals quickly is one of the biggest keys to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. If it’s difficult, a lot of people (including me) will have a hard time sticking to it. That’s why I like to provide recipes that not only taste good, but are super simple and quick.
Hope you enjoy!
1. Some Worcestershire Sauces contain gluten. In order to make this recipe gluten-free, be sure to buy one that states on the label it’s gluten-free. I personally use this brand.
2. You don’t have to peel the yukon gold potatoes because their skin is so thin, but you can if you prefer.
What are your favorite comfort foods?
- 1 tbsp ghee , coconut oil, or fat of choice
- 1 lb . ground beef (grass-fed if possible)
- 1 medium white onion , diced
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 2 large carrots , diced
- 1 tsp Bragg Organic Sprinkle Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt or salt to taste (adjust this, if not using low sodium stock)
- 6 cups low sodium beef stock or water
- 3 medium to large yukon gold potatoes , chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions , thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp Worcesterchire Sauce
Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, crumbling it with a spoon, until browned. Add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Bragg Sprinkle Seasoning and sea salt. Pour in the beef stock, add the pearl onions and potatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes and pearl onions are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Add the frozen peas and Worcestershire Sauce, heat through, then serve.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will remain the same, but I may receive a small commission. This helps to cover the costs of this site. Thanks for your support!